HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
“Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25
My Lord Jesus Christ is able to save me to the uttermost!
He is able to save to the uttermost depth of my need. Science is now sounding the lowest abysses of the ocean; but there is no science, thought, or imagination, which can send its plummet to the bottom of Christ’s unsearchable grace!
- Down to my sharpest sorrow, He goes,
- Down to my most profound loneliness,
- Down to my keenest temptation,
- Down to my foulest sin!
He travelled for my sake from Heaven to Calvary, and I know of no descent which He will not make today.
He is able to save me to the uttermost limit of my nature. And such a many-faceted nature mine is! The intellect has its demands, and the memory, and the conscience, and the imagination, and the will, and the heart — each of them cries out for a separate satisfaction. And each of them finds it in Jesus!
- He answers the questions of my intellect.
- He plucks from my memory its rooted sorrows.
- He cancels the accusations of my conscience.
- He paints the noblest pictures in my imagination.
- He renews and directs my will.
- He fills my heart with His love.
- He is able to save me to the uttermost verge of my life.
My various conditions and experiences,
- my conflict and my calm,
- my work and my rest,
- my gladness and my grief —
He blesses me through them all. Lo, He is with me all the days, even unto the end, and through the end, and beyond the end forever and ever! Death cannot part me from Him. Eternity will only draw me closer to Him. To the ages of the ages — He is mine, and I am His!