HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand” (Psalm 37:23-24).
Three Simple Statements
Let’s sum up the application of this message with three simple statements:
1) Your struggles are necessary – fight on!
2) Your Father has not forgotten you – hang on!
3) Your future is assured – walk on!
Here are three good mottoes for 2020: Fight on! Hang on! Walk on!
I close with this thought. God will not put you in an unbearable situation in 2020. But he may put you in a situation that seems unbearable so that you will turn to Him. Remember that God does not give his strength in advance but only when needed. Each day this year you will have what you need. We may, therefore, go forth into the new year with confidence, hope, and joy.
And in the end, we come back to the Lord Jesus and back to the cross. Let me end this message I started last year with the words I have said many times before:
- If you are tired of your sin, run to the cross.
- If you want a new start in life, run to the cross.
- If you feel like a failure, run to the cross.
- If you fear the future, run to the cross.
- If you need hope and encouragement, run to the cross.
- If you want to meet Jesus, run to the cross.
For those who don’t know the Lord, the Bible says there is only one step between you and destruction. But there is also only one step between you and Jesus. It’s the step of faith. Reach out to Jesus as Lord and Saviour. He will come to you and your life will never be the same.
I said earlier that this year will be just like last year, only entirely different! Some things will be the same, much will be different, and some things will be brand-new to us. Be encouraged, child of God. My fellow ministers, brothers and sisters, and my daily readers. The future rests in the good hands of the God who loves you more than you can imagine. You may stumble in this year, but you won’t completely fall. This is God’s promise to you. Amen.