HH Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Today we say our last goodbyes to a noble, loving, humble servant of God to the people of God. You walked among us and left us an example that will live on for many years to come. Of all Archbishops of the Spiritual Baptist Archdiocese, you have left us an undeniable mark of distinction we will always remember.
Today you take your final walk and will rest on the same space when you laid prostrate before the congregation when you were ascended to the Office of Archbishop. You will leave behind your footprints in the halls of this faith. My only regret is you haven’t done many writings for your successor to build on.
You are taking this walk to be inducted in the Halls of Rewards like Paul, you have
- ran the race,
- kept the faith,
- fought the fight,
and about to hear the words we will one day hear for ourselves if we remain faithful. “Well done thou good and faithful servant, you were faithful over a few things, enter into the joys of our Lord”.
I have always stood with you and for you. I didn’t know you would have been taken from us so soon. I wanted to be celebrating Spiritual Baptist Freedom Day 2019 with you, but our God had a different plan. You are gone but will not be forgotten, since your memory will live on until my last breath and I answer to my name some time to come.
The day will come when you will hear the voice, can these bones live? Ezekiel 37:1-10
- The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
- And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
- Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
- And I will lay sinews upon you and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live, and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
- So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
- And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
- Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon this slain, that they may live.
- So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.