HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Soul Preparation: The soul is made up of the mind, emotions and the will; therefore, we must renew our minds with the Word of God and bring our emotions under the control of the Holy Spirit and commit our will totally to the will of God. We can do this by doing the following:
- We need to first and foremost put the Word of God in our mind, in order to renew our mind with the knowledge of the Bible, as it should be the standard for all of our activities.
- We must not allow our emotions to rule us, but allow the Holy Spirit to train us to yield to the Spirit’s promptings that line up with the Word of God.
- We must not allow our circumstances to rule us, as we are sons and daughters of God and He can change all negative circumstances to positive ones that allow us to walk in His will if we walk in faith.
- We need to focus on the study of the Bible first in order to learn God’ wisdom and His ways.
- We also need to then add the secular knowledge that will be beneficial for our occupations or study subjects that will help us in hard times and the days ahead (Self-sufficiency, gardening, resourcefulness, frugality, etc.)
- We must stop putting evil things in our minds like violent movies and pornography. We should choose classic and lofty literature that edifies us.
- We must take control of our children’s education by either homeschooling them or sending them to a Christian school or private school that teaches Christian principles.
- We must guard the “eye and ear gates” by carefully choosing what we read and what we see and hear.
- We must get rid of all evil books, games and video that corrupt our minds.
- We must select music that is edifying, not worldly music like “Rock and Roll, calypso.”
- We must carefully choose our friends so we are not influenced by those who do not follow God. We can testify to people who do not know God, but our friends should be those of like character.
- We must be careful not to allow the new technology of cell phones, IPads, and computers to dominate our lives and our minds as access to certain things can become idols and/or addictions of the mind.