HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
“There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.” Psalm 4:6
“Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?” Jeremiah 8:22
- It is not knowledge that the world needs.
- It is not eloquent speech.
- It is not soldierly courage and achievement.
- It is not amusement and pleasure.
- More than anything else, the world needs healing.
- More than anyone else, it calls out for the physician.
- There are diseases worse and deeper than bodily maladies.
- There are stings of conscience.
- There is the deadness of the heart.
- There are errors in life.
- There is the blindness that cannot see God’s presence and the deafness to His voice.
- There is the feverish fire of passion that consumes the soul.
- There is the hideous inner leprosy that defiles all nature.
Many around me are stricken with these fatal sicknesses. May Jesus accomplish His sweet works of recovery, not only through His written Word and His Almighty Spirit — but through me, His living and loving disciple.
May the very sight of what Christ has done for me — the heaven-sent quiet, the satisfaction, the strength, the strange new hope, He has imparted to my life — entice and draw some weary hearts to Him.
And may my lips, like my Master’s, drop ointment and balm into the sorely wounded souls. Through them let His restoring efficacy flow without let or hindrance to those who require it mournfully. I would seek grace so as to live that the following may be true of me:
“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven!” Matthew 5:16