HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Each person, during his or her lifetime, will learn about the most important aspect of life: love. Love for one another and love for yourself is priceless. These feelings are hard to describe, but at some point, everyone will feel them. Possibly the most important kind of love is love for God – God loves you and it is unconditional, indescribable love. That’s why it is so important to accept Him and to love Him back.
No matter how good love feels, it can be a confusing emotion. That’s why it is important to study Scripture on love. Attempting to understand the feelings of love can help you find a deeper, more profound love.
The Bible is the most important book you can use for help with love and how to handle love. Most Bible verses on love are in the Books of John and Corinthians. They are full of excellent verses and teaches to lead you through love. Reading scripture on love can help you understand Biblical love and it will help you put Jesus’ teachings to use during everyday life.
- Psalms 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. —
- Proverbs 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. —
- Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. —
- Song-of-Solomon 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. —
- Song-of-Solomon 2:16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. —
- Song-of-Solomon 4:10 How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! —
- Song-of-Solomon 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. —
- John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. —
- 1-Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. —
- Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. —
- 1-Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. —
- 1-John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. —
- 1-John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. —
- 1-John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. —
- 1-John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —