Sir Godfrey Gregg D. Div, LOM
Decree and Declare your Destiny
We just recently finished our annual 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting with The Mystical Order Ministries. On our last day, I was led to teach and lead our people in a time of authoritative prayer through declarations and decrees. There are different forms of prayer in the bible:
- Supplication or Petition: This is when we ask for something.
- Intercession: When we pray for someone else or stand on their behalf.
- Decree: This is the authoritative prayer where we exercise the use of the keys of Binding, Loosening and Agreement as taught by Jesus in Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What is a decree?
A decree is an official order issued by a legal authority.
- According to Jesus, we are the legal authority here on earth, therefore, we can decree and order things to happen or not happen.
A declaration is a statement of affirmation that affirms spiritual truth and also makes a commitment on our part.
What is Binding
The word for Bind (deo) used here actually means to tie or to imprison. Therefore, whatever we imprison here on earth will be imprisoned in heaven. When someone is imprisoned it means their rights and authority have been taken away.
Ephesians 6:12-13 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
What can we “bind” or imprison here on earth? We can imprison the spiritual forces of wickedness interfering with god’s agenda for our lives. We can imprison the spirit of infirmity (that which robs strength). We can imprison the spirits of discouragement, suicide, death, addictions, divorce and many more. If anything is interfering with God’s agenda for your life you can imprison it AND God says whatever you imprison on earth will be imprisoned in heaven.
Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What is Loosening?
The word for “Loosen” (lyo) means to Release, to Untie, to Break or to Destroy. Therefore, we can release certain things here on earth and they will be released in heaven. We can untie certain things here on earth and they will be united in heaven. We can break certain things here on earth and they will be broken in heaven. We can destroy certain things here on earth and they will be destroyed in heaven.
- You can pray and make these following declarations if you wish to see God move mightily in your life;
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for your finished work on the cross that restored my authority to rule and reign in the earth.
- I thank you for the authority to Imprison anything that goes against your agenda for my life.
- I thank you for the authority to release, break, untie or destroy anything that goes against your agenda for my life.
- I thank you for the authority to release and untie anything that is in line with your agenda for my life.
- I thank you for the gift and power of agreement. We thank you that it makes my prayers firm and permanent.
- I thank you for the authority to make decrees here on earth that have an effect in heaven.
- I thank you for the authority to order things to happen here on earth as you have established them in heaven.
THEREFORE, BECAUSE OF THIS AUTHORITY, WE ISSUE THE FOLLOWING DECLARATIONS.
- We declare that you will be our delight; that your presence will satisfy us.
- We declare that your word will be our delight.
- We declare that our desire will be for your thoughts and will to reign supreme in us.
- We declare that our souls shall prosper in you.
- We declare that we will pursue you and your ways with ALL our hearts.
- We declare that we will be led by your Holy Spirit.
- We declare that we will not satisfy the desires of our sinful nature but instead walk in purity of thoughts, words, and deeds.
- We declare the fruit of the Holy Spirit will abound in us this year.
- We declare that the Anointing and gifts of the Holy Spirit will be revealed to us and abound this year.
- We declare that we shall tell the story of how you’ve changed our lives with others so that they too may come to know you and be satisfied by you.
Father, We make these intentions known to you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
IN THE SAME VEIN, BECAUSE OF THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN US, WE ISSUE THE FOLLOWING DECREES.
We decree Visions and Dreams, divine Guidance and Direction as the order of the day this year.
- We order the release of dreams from the prison of self-imposed limitations in Jesus’ Name.
- We order an opening of the spiritual eyes to see God-sized visions.
- We order an opening of the spiritual ears to hear the direction and guidance of the Holy Spirit. We order a knowing of the voice of God this year in Jesus’ Name.
We decree Divine Health as our portion this year.
- We order every sick body that comes to you believing without a doubt in their hearts to be healed in The Name Jesus Christ according to Your will and purpose.
- We imprison the spirit of infirmity and release the healing power of God in Jesus’ Name.
We decree Freedom from Additions this year.
- We imprison every appetite for addictive substances and release the courage and will to resist them.
- We imprison the spirit of sexual immorality and release the spirit of purity.
We decree Freedom from Depression, Oppression and Discouragement.
- We imprison the spirit of depression and release the freedom of mind.
- We imprison the spirit of oppression and release joy.
- We imprison the spirit of discouragement and release a spirit of praise.
We decree Freedom from Demonic Possession for those that are bound.
- We order freedom for the captives.
- We order an uprooting of every source of demonic possession in Jesus’ Name.
- We order the severing of any and all ties to generational sin and spirits in Jesus’ Name.
We decree Healing for Broken and Struggling Marriages.
- We imprison the spirit of harlotry and release the spirit of faithfulness.
- We imprison the spirit of pornography and release the spirit of fidelity.
- We imprison the spirit of strife and release the spirit of peace and tranquillity.
- We imprison the spirit of unforgiveness and release the spirit of forgiveness and grace.
- We order divine peace to adorn each home.
- We order that husbands love and respect their wives; That they lead and guide them.
- We order that wives love and submit to their husbands; that serve and honour them.
- We order an altar of prayer in each home; a place of daily meeting with God.
We decree Unity in the Church.
- We imprison the spirit of strife, malice and jealously and release the spirit of servanthood.
- We order maturity in the faith.
- We order maturity and restoration of relationships.
- We order One mind and One heart.
- We order a uniting of ministers, brothers and sisters to fulfil the purpose and align with the Word of God.
We decree Divine Protection
- We imprison the spirit of destruction and release angelic protection.
- We imprison the spirit of premature death and release the spirit of longevity.
- We order every weapon formed against to be declared useless.
- We order every tongue of judgement to cease.
- We order every demonic plan to be frustrated and rendered useless.
We decree Divine Favour
- We affirm that every step we take will be ordered by the Lord.
- We order every door that is not of God to close and release every God-ordained door to open.
- We order God-given opportunities to come unhindered.
- We order God-given ideas to flow unhindered.
- We order goodwill from all including our enemies.
We decree a Double Portion Anointing.
- We receive a double portion anointing because of our Kingdom assignments.
- We affirm an increase of God’s power in and through our lives for the work he has apportioned us.
We decree a Double Portion for our Trouble
- We affirm that though we sowed in tears last year, we will reap in Joy this year.
- We order an ending to the night and order the morning to dawn.
- We order an end to a season of pain and order the beginning of the season of unimaginable joy and peace.
- We order the lifting of our shame and affirm that we will rejoice in our inheritance.
- We order double favour for our trouble; everlasting joy as the crown for our heads.
We decree 100 Fold Return for our Financial Seed.
- We affirm that God wants us to prosper financially.
- We affirm that all we have comes from him and therefore belongs to him.
- We affirm that we will be faithful to him in returning to him a 10th of the finances he places in our care.
- We affirm that we will give to bring the offerings of our increase.
- Therefore, we order the floodgates of heaven to open over our lives.
- We order a 100 fold return for our financial seed.
- We order an overflowing financial harvest.
- We imprison the spirit and mindset of indebtedness and order freedom from debt for everyone bound by it.
We decree a Revival
- We affirm that we need You, Lord.
- We affirm that we’ve been spiritually dead.
- We, however, also affirm your work among us; we sense it and we embrace it.
- We release a spirit of spiritual renewal.
- We release a spirit of revival.
- We imprison the spirit of prayerlessness and release the spirit of the warrior.
- We imprison spiritual impotence and release the spirit of evangelism and spiritual productivity.
- We imprison the spirit and mindset of mere observation and release the spirit and mindset of participation.
- We order a bumper harvest of souls in the thousands.
- We order and release a grace of discipleship over this church.
- We order and release the grace for expansion and explosive growth over this church.
- We order the rising of a leadership spirit among your people.
- We order the rising of an evangelistic spirit among your people.
- We receive your revival Lord in Jesus’ name.
We embrace the future you have for us in Jesus’ Name.