HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Greed and selfishness are sins that we must work toward abolishing. Although this might be difficult to do, as Christians, we should try our very best to live a holy life. Think not of what you can do for yourself – but think of what you can do for others. After all, God gave his only begotten Son to save us from our sins!
No one is perfect, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to avoid greed throughout our life. We should spend our days giving to others and not keeping score. This is so hard to do. We should try to reflect on all of the times in our lives that we were completely selfless. It’s hard to think of times, isn’t it? That’s why we need to be better Christians every day of our lives!
It’s important to be willing to give, both to the Lord and His Church and to other people in need. If you want to know what the Bible says about giving, then be sure to read the Bible verses on giving below.
- Deuteronomy 15:10 Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto. —
- Deuteronomy 16:17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee. —
- 1-Chronicles 29:9 Then the people rejoiced, for that, they offered willingly because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy. —
- Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. —
- Proverbs 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not. —
- Malachi 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said Wherein shall we return? —
- Matthew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise, ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. —
- Luke 3:11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise. —
- Luke 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee, and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. —
- 2-Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. —
- 2-Corinthians 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) —