HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Being able to forgive someone is an important part of Christianity. Christian forgiveness is unique – we should be able to forget those who “trespass against us,” just like the Lord’s Prayer tells us. It should be in every Christian’s nature to forgive those who wronged them – but as much as we would like this to be true, it is hard to do.
Christ died on the cross so that our sins would be forgiven, yet he asked His Father to forgive his tormentors. We should remember this even during day to day situations. If our brother or sister has hurt us, it is important to remember how to forgive. It’s never easy, but it is also worth it.
It is very important to always be willing to forgive, and the Bible teaches us the best ways to handle it. Learn how to forgive with these Bible verses about forgiveness. It may not be easy and it may not be fair… but these Bible verses on forgiveness will help you find a better way to live.
- Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. —
- Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: —
- Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? —
- Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. —
- Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. —
- Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; —
- 1-John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: