HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
How many times have you prayed today? Do you know how to pray? The most beautiful part of becoming a born again Christian is your direct route to talking directly to God. He does answer prayers. Even if you sometimes don’t have the words to say, just speak from the heart and He will listen.
This is such an important part of Christian life that most people forget about – talking to God can improve your life in so many ways. He may answer your prayers or maybe even give you answers to question you didn’t even know you were asking. The special relationship between you and God is important and you should take part in it every day.
Read the Bible verses on prayer so that you can become closer to God. The scripture on prayer will teach you how to pray – and most of the time isn’t anything more than taking time out of your day to be quiet and talk to God.
- Psalms 4:1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. —
- Psalms 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. —
- Proverbs 15 :29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. —
- Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? —
- Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. —
- Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; —
- Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; —
- 1-Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. —
- 1-Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. —
- Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. —
- James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. —
- James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. —