HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
From the time we are born until the time we die, all humans seek comfort. We need comfort in each other and comfort in Christ. We can all take comfort in knowing Jesus loves each of us as if we were His only one. Not only are we loved by God – but we can be loved by each other, too.
So don’t waste your life worrying about being lonely. God will always be there for you, to love you and to protect you. But throughout our lives, we will meet special people who will love us for who we are, so take comfort in that. Your family and your friends (even if they are few and far between), can be a source of comfort.
Read these Bible verses on comfort if you’re ever feeling down. Our God loves us and you should hold onto that important truth.
- Psalms 9:9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. —
- Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. —
- Psalms 22:24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. —
- Psalms 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. —
- 2-Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; —