HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
The Twelve Apostles were an important part of the New Testament. They were Jesus’s most important disciples. They were divinely inspired to follow Jesus and spread the word of God. It’s hard to understand what role the apostles had in the Bible sometimes, so that’s why it’s good to study the Bible verses about apostles. Read the ones I’ve gathered for you if you want to brush up on why the apostles were important in the Bible!
- Matthew 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; —
- Matthew 10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; —
- Matthew 10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. —
- Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. —
- Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. —
- Mark 3:15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils: —
- Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. —
- Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. —
- Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. —
- Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. —
- 2-Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. —
- 2-Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.