HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
14. Organized and Efficient
A leader does not like clutter.
- He likes to know where and when things are for quick access and use.
- His favourite shape is the straight line, not the circle.
- He groans in meetings that do not move from premises to conclusions but rather go in irrelevant circles.
- When something must be done he sees a three-step plan for getting it done and lays it out.
- A leader sees the links between a board decision and its implementation.
- He sees ways to use the time to the full and shapes his schedule to maximize his usefulness.
- He saves himself large blocks of time for his major productive activities.
- He uses little pieces of time lest they go to waste. (For example, what do you do while you are brushing your teeth? Could you set a magazine on the towel rack and read an article?)
- A leader takes time to plan his days and weeks and months and years.
Even though it is God who ultimately directs the steps of the leader, he should plan his path. A leader is not a jellyfish that gets tossed around by the waves, nor is he an oyster that is immovable. The leader is the dolphin of the sea and can swim against the stream or with the stream as he plans.