HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
And not only did Jesus, the apostles, and many in the Old Testament have to abide by God’s specific timing on when He wanted them to do something, but there are verses showing that God will continue to run things according to His own set timetable in the years ahead, including how He will work your life and when He will want to make certain things happen in your life.
So the sooner you can understand this is one of God’s ways, the easier it will become for you to adjust to His set timetable as to when He will make things happen in your life.
Here are some specific examples from the Bible showing you how God made many of them wait for what He was wanting to do in their lives:
- Jesus Himself had to wait until He was 30 years old before God baptized Him with the Holy Spirit and anointed Him with His power to go on His three and half year miracle ministry before He went to the cross to get all of us saved.
- Jesus had to wait again for 40 days before He ascended to the Father after His resurrection from the grave.
- Moses was in the backside of a desert for 40 years before he was sent in by God to rescue the children of Israel from the Egyptians.
- The Israelites had to wait for 430 years before God delivered them from the Egyptians
- David had to wait for 13 years before he became king of Israel
- Abraham had to wait 25 years for the birth of his son Isaac
- Noah had to wait for 120 years from the time God told him to build the ark until the time of the flood actually occurring
- The apostles had to wait 10 days after Jesus had ascended before they had received the Holy Spirit in the upper room
- As you can see from these specific examples from the Bible, God likes to make us wait for some of the major moves He will be making in our lives.
I believe the reason God likes to make us wait from time to time is to not only test our faith in Him and to properly prepare us for what He is making us wait for, but to also develop the fruit of patience and determination in us.
The fruit of patience is one of the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit, and it is one fruit that He loves to try and develop in all of us, especially in the fast-paced world in which we all now live in.
Since the fast pace of our world is probably reducing a lot of our own natural patience, I believe God will try and work this quality back into our personalities so we do not lose this very valuable quality in our personalities, especially since it lines up with God’s own character and how He likes to work things out.
TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW …