HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Body Preparation: We should also prepare for hard times in all of the areas that affect the physical realm of our lives by doing the following:
- We should work toward getting completely out of debt and staying out of debt.
- We should get out of the worldly system into God’s order of doing things like tithing and giving.
- We should learn how to be self-sufficient.
- We should look to God to supply all of our needs. We cannot look to the government or others to supply our needs. God can use any source, but we must not become dependent on it.
- We should take care of our bodies by keeping the laws of God regarding health, cleanliness and eating.
- We should also seek the Lord in reference to what we need to do physically to prepare for the days ahead.
- We should make sure we are in the right place geographically as some areas will be suffering the judgment of God. There is no safety outside of the will of God. However, if you are in the will of God you could be in a war zone and still be safe if God has sent you there to minister to others or you find yourself in that circumstance.
- We should prepare with some emergency food and water reserves, but we should avoid the extremes that some preppers are doing today. (We cannot witness and share with others from fortified bunkers with 7 years of food supplies stored up.)
- We must look to God in faith and practice obedience to the Word of God that will save us, as His promise is to those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved (Matthew 24:13). We can only endure the sorrows and tribulation of the days ahead by looking to Jesus, our redeemer and Saviour.
- We can stand with the promises of God recorded in Psalm 91 for help and protection in times of trouble. God promises protection to all those who put their trust and faith in Him. God promises to protect us from pestilence, terror, war and destruction as He will give His angels charge to watch over us.
- We can appropriate all we need in the natural such as food, clothing and housing as God is concerned about our physical needs and will supply if we ask in faith.
- We will need God’s supernatural supply in the days ahead. We must go to the Word of God and by faith believe that He can do things supernaturally when there is no way in the natural for the provision we need. He can multiply food, cause things that are broken to run, He can heal us without a doctor, cause our clothes not to wear out, give us light in the darkness, protect us from viruses and plagues, protect us and our homes from natural disasters and translate us where we need to go. We must remember we are in the world, but not of the world so when all the world’s provision fails us, we can shift into the Kingdom supply that God has in reserve for those that love Him and abide in Him. However, we cannot receive these things unless we are totally committed to God and walking in His will.
God wants to save us individually and save our nations, but this can only happen as we repent and commit our lives totally to Him. I do believe this nation, America, my Homeland St. Vincent and the Grenadines and the other Caribbean Islands will be saved, but all the signs now point to salvation by the fires of judgment and tribulation. God has been merciful and has given us a chance to return to our godly roots, but now we, as a religious body, have spurned Him and our national sins have filled up the cup of indignation. That means we face increasing judgments until we repent and our actions, as the church, produce revival in the land. We must first, as Christians, have revival in our individual hearts to see revival in America and in our small nations States. We have spurned the “goodness of God” toward us as a nation, so now the “severity of God” will increasingly be manifested in the judgments of God brought on by our own sin as we reap what we sow. We have walked in rebellion and unbelief and despised the things of God.