HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Since I am a minister, my duty is to share the Word of God so His people can be ready in spirit, soul and body. How can we prepare for this “Perfect Storm”? Here is a condensed list of the main ways we can prepare:
Spiritual Preparation: First and foremost is spiritual preparation.
- We must repent and be born again and make Jesus the Lord of our lives and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We then should pursue the things of God wholeheartedly by loving God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- We must walk in faith and trust God in all things.
- We must walk in holiness and righteousness by the grace of God and by daily keeping a submissive heart toward God.
- We must appropriate His grace daily to walk in love and obedience to His Word by loving God first and then, our neighbours as ourselves.
- We must resist the devil and temptation with the Word of God and keep God’s commandments.
- We must be willing to do anything, go anywhere, and give up anything for the Kingdom of God’s sake; this is a total commitment to God.
- We must have regular prayer times personally and also with our own families and the church, thus we need to be committed to a church family.
- We must forgive everyone who has hurt us and make restitution when we have failed others and ask them to forgive us.
- We must walk in a life of praise and worship. (This is more than singing praise and worship songs as the highest form of worship are obedience to God’s Word.)
- We must read the Bible daily and be involved in a Bible Study so we can learn how to walk in the Overcoming Life, as taught in the Bible, in order to keep the laws of giving and reaching out to help others in the ministry calling God has for each of His children.
- We must ask the Lord for a heart and soul cleansing. Here is a prayer you can pray: “Dear Heavenly Father, I first of all, ask you to forgive all of my sins, known and unknown. Come into my heart and fill me with the Holy Spirit. Lord, show me where I have been deceived and give me the grace to renounce those things that have kept me in bondage. Give me your love and grace to live the Christian life as You intended me to live. Reveal to me how to walk in the Overcoming Life. Cleanse my heart of all things that have offended You. Let me hear Your voice clearly as to all the things I need to do at this time and give me the grace and power to obey You. Show me where I need to be at this hour and what I need to do for the Kingdom of God. I ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen.”