HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
To live life is
- To be no cause of grief to anyone.
- To be kind to all people and to love them with a pure spirit.
Should opposition or injury happen to us, to bear it, to be as kind as ever can be, and through all, to love the people? Should calamity exist in the greatest degree, to rejoice, for these things are the gifts and favours of God?
To be silent concerning the faults of others, to pray for them, and to help them, through kindness, to correct their faults.
To look always at the good and not at the bad. If a man has ten good qualities and one bad one, look at the ten and forget the one. And if a man has ten bad qualities and one good one, to look at the one and forget the ten.
Never to allow ourselves to speak one unkind word about another, even though that other be our enemy.
- To do all of our deeds in kindness.
- To cut our hearts from ourselves and from the world.
- To be humble.
- To be servants of each other, and to know that we are less than anyone else.
- To be as one soul in many bodies, for the more we love each other, the nearer we shall be to God; but to know that our love, our unity, our obedience must not be by confession, but of reality.
To act with cautiousness and wisdom.
- To be truthful.
- To be hospitable.
- To be reverent.
To be the cause of healing for every sick one,
- A comforter for every sorrowful one,
- A pleasant water for every thirsty one.
- A heavenly table for every hungry one,
- A star to every horizon,
- A light for every lamp,
- A herald to everyone who yearns for the kingdom of God.