HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
A leader’s most effective tool — Prayer.
Here are 10 good prayers of an effective leader:
- Dear Lord, grow my love for you so I will trust You when I can’t see the path ahead clearly.
- Dear Lord, help me not to say yes when no is the right answer.
- Dear Lord, never allow my plan to get ahead of — or in the place of — Your plan.
- Dear Lord, allow me to forgive easily, hold no grudges or bitterness, and live in and extend to others the grace You have provided to me.
- Dear Lord, provide me with courage and conviction to face my fears and critics and lead people to bigger realities of Your will than today.
- Dear Lord, grant me wisdom to make decisions big and small and conviction to follow You when it contradicts my desires or the demands of others.
- Dear Lord, help me guard my heart, overcome temptation, and keep my character and reputation above reproach.
- Dear Lord, give me patience with people, the pace of progress, and with things, I can’t understand.
- Dear Lord, help me communicate with clarity, consistency, and competence.
- Dear Lord, help me to love people and use my influence for the good of others and Your glory.
In Jesus name, Amen.