RE-POSTED FROM JUNE 12, 2014
Preamble: Serving God as an ordained clergy person in The Mystical Order of Spiritual Baptist churches is not a right but a privilege that requires certain responsibilities and standards of conduct.
1. Clergy will ensure that their conduct at all times reflects the fact that they are in the service of Jesus Christ and His people (Gal 5:22-26) (Phil 4:8) (Phil 2:3-8).
2. Clergy will not link the name of the Mystical Order of Spiritual Baptist. with any commercial enterprise, political parties, or other activities that may cause the Mystical Order of Spiritual Baptist to be held in disrepute.
3. Clergy will not use their position for personal gain or to exploit those they serve. (1 Pet 5:2-4)
4. Clergy will avoid acts of a sinful nature, living pure and holy in the sight of all men, giving no occasion to the devil to form any accusation to the Name of Christ and the Mystical Order they are committed to serve. (Gal 5:19-21).
5. Clergy will respectfully submit to the authority of the Leadership of the Mystical Order of Spiritual Baptist.
6. Clergy will seek to grow through regular prayer and study (2 Timothy 2:15) (Acts 6:4).
7. Clergy will at all times seek the greatest good of those they serve. This includes referring people to appropriate professionals when the scope of a problem is beyond the professional competency of the clergy person.
8. Clergy are to maintain the confidentiality of those they counsel and serve in accordance with scriptural principles and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the clergy person serves.
9. Clergy are expected to faithfully honour their obligation to prayerfully and financially support the Mystical Order of Spiritual Baptist. (Matthew 5:37) (Acts 5:3-4)
10. Clergy shall refrain to post or cause any inappropriate information, pictures, statements or videos on any social media. (Article 13 of the Rules and Bylaws of the The Mystical Order)
11. Clergy must be aware that they serve a True and Living God, who sees And hears all things. You are representatives of your Heavenly Father
12. Clergy are free to leave or resign if they cannot abide under the rules of The Mystical Order or be dealt with under (Article 13 of the Rules and Bylaws of The Mystical Order)
13. Clergy must maintain the proper dress code even in a secular setting. Not wearing clothes that will be revealing to the world that will cause men or women to lust at them. (Matthew 5:28)
14. Clergy are representative of The Heavenly Father and must present themselves is that manner that will not bring or cause reproach to His Holy Name.
15. Clergy are reminded that our behaviour in the public must lift a standard of spiritual maturity. In the sense that people follow a light and you are that light representing the God of this Universe.
16. Clergy are responsible for their conduct in the public, and since you are representing yourself unless you are given letters to represent The Mystical Order at a specific public function. However, those that name the Name of Christ should walk holy at all times in the sight of men.
17. Clergy are private individuals unless you are operating in an established office of the Ministry approved by the Patriarch and Chief Apostle. Every clergy writes his or her destiny by the life they live and are held accountable to God. The Mystical Order is not responsible for any acts or omission outsitde the teaching of the word of God, the policies and principles of the Church and will not be held responsible for anyone’s bad behaviour.
18. Clergy must be aware that social media monitors everyone and more so the ministers. Whatever you post let it be decent to the eyes.
Your servant and brother,
+ Sir Godfrey Gregg
Divisional Patriarch and Presiding Prelate
Administrator and Apostolic Head
Follow me on Twitter @ArchbishopGregg
Facebook Page The Mystical Order
Facebook Group The Mystical Court
SITE BLOG: www.mysticalbrotherhood.com
You can listen to audio recordings of some of our latest sermons at: https://soundcloud.com/user116591010