Praise the Lord for His goodness, love and mercies to us. This morning we continue to look into the Book of James and ask the Lord to speak to our hearts. Thanking God for the last night and waking us up to see this day. Thank you, God, for your grace and courage to live through trials one day at a time. Let us turn to out Bibles to the Book of James chapter 1 verse 12
Let’s see what the Lord have in store for us this morning.
1. James here reminds us that this life is not all there is to life. There is much more to this life if you will open your eyes to see and behold the beauty that awaits us. After all, this life is over and our work on earth is done, we are asking God to give us faith and strength to make it through those gates. That right will be commended. That due reward will be given for faithfulness.
2. We often live as if we are the living on the way to the dying. We have to reverse this trend and let it be from dying He saved me to living He loved me.
3. But God’s word makes it very clear that we are the dying on the way to the living.
4. What is in store then for one who knows Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour and passes from this life?
Philippians chapter l tells us that when a Christian departs he is with Christ. II Corinthians 5 tells that when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord And I Corinthians 15 and I Thessalonians 4 tells us that someday that body which for the present sleeps in the grave will be resurrected and united with our soul/spirit and in this glorified state we will be with the Lord forever. And their rewards will be given for endurance through trials and for faithfulness to God in difficult times.
5. So today we sorrow – but we sorrow not as others who have no hope. There is the cry of weakness and cry of strength. Hallelujah one day we gonna cry and the Bible tells us in Revelation that God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes. Yes, those are tears of joy and victory. We have the assurance of the word of God that one day if you live faithful to God and His word that when you are called from works unto reward; we will say like Paul to be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord.
6. But I cannot help but think that perhaps some of you are not prepared to face death and you are not prepared to meet Jesus Christ face to face. Nor are you ready to face a trial like many that passed this way before us. The strength that enabled us to face trials with confidence and assurance is not our own. It came as we allow the life of our Saviour to live through us. It comes from a confidence that we will be ready to meet our Saviour. When we make that peace with God through faith in Christ and desired above all else to glorify Him with our life.
7. I invite you right where you are sitting and reading this email to invite Christ into your life as your Saviour from sin.
Jesus Christ died as your substitute paying the penalty for your sin. But He asks you, by an act of your will to trust Him as your personal Saviour from sin. If you do this, on the authority of God’s word you are a new creature/born again and prepared to meet your Saviour.
Your servant and brother,
+ Sir Godfrey Gregg
Archbishop and Presiding Prelate
Administrator and Apostolic Head
Follow me on Twitter @ArchbishopGregg
Facebook Page The Mystical Order
Facebook Group The Mystical Court