HIS BEATITUDE SIR GODFREY GREGG DD
Principles of Leadership
I came across this article and I found it interesting and can help us in our quest of Leadership. This is how we learn when we expand on our knowledge and thirst for more of God. I hope that this passage will help you along the way.:
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement – In order to know yourself, you have to understand your be, know, and do, attributes. Seeking self-improvement means continually strengthening your attributes. This can be accomplished through self-study, formal classes, reflection, and interacting with others.
- Be technically proficient – As a leader, you must know your job and have a solid familiarity with your members’ tasks.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions – Search for ways to guide your organization to new heights. And when things go wrong, as they often tend to do sooner or later — do not blame others. Analyze the situation, take corrective action, and move on to the next challenge.
- Make sound and timely decisions – Use good problem solving, decision making, and planning tools.
- Set the example – Be a good role model for your members. They must not only hear what they are expected to do, but also see. We must become the change we want to see .
- Know your people and look out for their well-being – Know human nature and the importance of sincerely caring for your members
- Keep your members informed – Know how to communicate with not only them, but also Clergy and other key people.
- Develop a sense of responsibility in your members – Help to develop good character traits that will help them carry out their professional and ministerial responsibilities.
- Ensure that tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished – Communication is the key to this responsibility.with your members
- Train as a team – Although many so called leaders call their organization, church, etc. a team; they are not really teams… they are just a group of people doing their thing..
- Use the full capabilities of your organization – By developing a team spirit, you will be able to employ your organization, church, etc. to its fullest capabilities.