WORKING WITH CANDLE COLORS
Burning candles for spiritual work goes back a very long time. Spiritual workers use candles for wish making, casting spells, adding power to prayers, and veneration of dieties. While there are many candles that come with labels or screened glass that specify the purpose of their use, many spiritual workers do not wish for others to know their business and use plain glass candles to do their work. The Different color candles are used as follows:
- WHITE – Spirituality and spiritual healing, peace, purity, and rest. In Santeria this is the color of the Oricha Obatala. The Oricha Elegua also uses a white colored candle.
- GREEN – It is used for money, luck in gambling, succeeding in business, finding steady work, and good fortune in general.
- BLUE – For court case spells, for harmony and peace in the home, to have a joyful home, to promote good intentions. In Santeria this is the color of the Oricha Yemaya.
- RED – A powerful color used for passion, love, affection, bodily vigour. In Santeria this is the color of the Oricha Chango ruler of thunder and lightning.
- PINK – Used for attraction (come to me), romance, keeping a good life.
- YELLOW – Used for devotional prayer, symbolizes gold and fortune, fast luck, cheerfulness, attraction. In Santeria this is the color of the Oricha Ochun.
- ORANGE – Used for fortune telling (Madama), change of plans, opening the way, prophetic dreams. In Santeria this is the color of Chango Macho.
- BLACK – Used to separate, break up, repulse, thoughts of sorrow and despair, freedom from evil
- BROWN– for finding lost things, neutrality
- PURPLE – mastery, power, ambition, control, command , wealth
- RED AND BLACK – remove a love jinxing spell
- GRAY – A neutral color that serves to remove bad influences, negativity and promotes stability and peace of mind.