Good morning my beloved brothers and sisters of this Noble and Worthy Mystical Order. For unto you is born this day a Saviour who shall save His people from their sins. It is always a pleasure to talk to you and to and to help lift your spirit to a higher level. God is so good to us and truly a merciful God who reaches to us in our very lowest estate.
This is a great day and I am happy to be on the land of the living to offer praise and thanks and to stay in His favour. God has kept us in His presence day after day and today for us living in the City of NY we have weathered the snow storm. It is a privilege for us to take all our cares and trials to the Lord in prayer.
My Lord Patriarch, Queen Abbess, Senior Bishop, Cardinal and the Chief Bishop. Our other ministers at home and abroad greeting in the precious Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ our soon coming King. This morning we praise the Lord for watching over us last night and so we know the enemy is defeated. We are still on the land of the living and the ministry is still in good hands. Our Affiliate church in St. Croix and England is moving from strength to strength. I see the Name of the Lord is a very strong tower and we the righteous run into and are safe.
Our text is taken from Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.
The Bible says that God is our strong tower and that if we are wise then we will run to Him for safety and protection. The expression “God helps those who help themselves” is not found in the Bible. In fact, it is not theologically sound. God never calls us to do it ourselves or even try to do it ourselves and then let Him step in. When we try to live life the way we think is best, we end up in mess after mess. God wants us to know that He is our strong tower and that we need to run to Him from the very beginning to find safety and refuge. There is a condition here other than knowing that He is there and running to Him. We must be righteous people. The word righteous means “correct” or “right”. A righteous person is right with God according to God’s standards. A righteous person seeks to do things God’s way. Being righteous does not mean that you constantly do things your way, mess everything up, and then run to God as a strong tower to get you out of the mess. Running to God as a strong tower and being righteous, these two things mean that you do it His way and rely on His wisdom for guidance and His protection. God may ask you to do some things that do not make sense to you, that may seem to put you at risk, but if you are a righteous person then you will do it His way and trust in His guidance and protection.
1) Noah – spent years building an arc in a landlocked area because the world is going to be flooded by a phenomenon called rain (Genesis 6)
2) Abraham – leave everything that you know and have so that you can be blessed and become a blessing to others (Genesis 12)
3) Moses – deliver the children of Israel from a world super power with a staff and your brother (Exodus)
4) Joshua and the battle of Jericho by sending out the religious leaders on the front line, and marching the entire army around the city for 7 straight days. (Joshua 6)
5) Gideon – was told pull down the alter of Baal, which went against the entire culture, even his family heritage. The people were ready to kill his children because of his “sacrilege” (Judges 6) – taking 22,000 men to fight 120,000, then dwindled army down to 300, did not take swords but trumpets to battle (Judges 7)
I trust as we go through the day we will keep our pride, respect, integrity andlove for God to the forefront of our lives. Let the peace and grace of God cover us from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same. Love the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.